Disney created a partnership with Alex and Ani a few years ago and it has since become an extremely popular merchandise item within the parks. As a brand new cast member with a shiny 40% off merchandise discount at the beginning of her program, one of my splurges was an Alex and Ani Bracelet. I purchased the Cinderella outline that was filled in with the pretty powder blue color. And of course, I was hooked! (This seems to happen a lot to me…. Pins… jewelry... ears….)
One reason I love the bracelets is because they are great trip commemorators. Each bracelet I have purchased has a unique meaning behind them. In total, I have seven Disney bracelets. I have a few others that are not Disney that I will wear with them as well. Most of mine are silver, except my very first one. Unfortunately when I bought it, they were out of silver so I went with the golden bronze color.
During my program, I purchased four in total. Each had a very special meaning to me when I bought them.
- Cinderella Silhouette: This was my first bracelet because I wanted something to represent the women of Disney. I felt the silhouette represented the idea of being a classy princess so well, I fell in love. Whenever I wear it, it helps me remember to always be my princess self. (The design I own has been retired, see link for similar style).
- Tinker Bell: I absolutely love Tink, she is my favorite non-princess character easily. Her sass level matches mine pretty dang well. I knew that if I was going to get any character, it had to be her. (The design is being retired soon and availble only on the Shop Disney Parks app, see link for similar style).
- It All Started With a Mouse: During my program, I wanted to get something that really represented what it was like to become a Cast Member and represent a company that inspires and brings happiness to so many. When this bracelet came out, I knew I couldn’t say no. I’m so glad I didn’t! To this day, it is probably my favorite bracelet.
- A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes: To cap off my program, I really felt this one was a perfect fit. It really had been a dream come true living in the world of Disney. And since that chapter of my life was closing, this one would help me remember to find always find a new dream.
I have purchased a new bracelet on three separate trips back to Disney post program, all again with such fun meanings behind them.
- Jedi Symbol: Star Wars is life… so when they came out with the Star Wars series, I wasn’t going to pass up that opportunity. Now I always have the Force with me.
- Be True to Yourself: This is my second favorite bracelet because it has my home girl Elsa on it. I have waited for the day they came out with an Elsa only version. I was not disappointed at all. This specific collection has outlines of princesses with inspiring quotes. I love love love the series.
- Believing is Just the Beginning: This was my most recent addition as of September, it was actually a gift from a friend. We took a trip to Disneyland, which she was really in need of. As a thank you, she purchased this one for me. It is such a great quote to always have as a reminder when wearing.
I don’t wear these everyday and I usually only wear one at a time. But at Disney, that changes. I will wear all of them, they become great conversational pieces with cast members and characters alike. I believe 3 of the sisters also have some of these bracelets, so it’s fun to share what new ones we acquire on our trips. So if you are looking for a fun collectible item that you can also wear, be sure to check out the Alex and Ani bracelets next time you visit the parks!