My favorite part of the EPCOT park is the World Showcase! If you have never been there are 11 represented countries, each with its own theme and atmosphere. Those who work in the countries are actual natives of the country! It may not feel as real as traveling to the actual country, but it’s a good alternative for experiencing many different cultures in just one day.
Sometimes, people feel a little rushed going through EPCOT. I’ve seen more often than not, people will rush through the parks, trying the food and alcohol, and never really taking the time to see what hidden gems each country has to offer. Take your time to explore! You wont regret it. ☺
How to Make the Most of Epcot's World Showcase
One of the best ways to make sure that you explore each country is by purchasing the EPCOT passport. It’s the perfect accessory as you travel around the world! It’s enjoyable to do as a group, and it’s perfect for the solo park traveller.
I know what you may be thinking, “Another purchase? I’m just going to pass and save my money.”
I thought that at first too. When I first saw the passport, it was during my college program. Not necessarily a time where I was making bank. Finally I caved, and bought the passport, and I have been so grateful that I did ever since!
Why Is It a Necessary Purchase?
- The passport includes an exclusive world showcase button, the passport, and stickers for each country.
- The stickers are fun because you put them in your passport, making it colorful and memorable. Many of the images on the stickers are from different locations in each of the countries. If you have the time, you can try to find those places, which in turn will give you a perfect picture location, getting the best Instagram worthy pics!
- Each page in your passport will be designated for a certain country. For each country, there is space for a country representative to stamp and leave a personalized message. I had a blast meeting people from around the world as they stamped and signed my passport. I learned a little bit about their country from their perspective, and I even learned what my name is in some of the countries!
- This interaction is incredible. It doesn’t take long, probably 2-5 minutes. But the memories will last a lifetime. I still look back at it 3 years later and remember certain people I met.
- Anther plus, the passport makes a perfect souvenir from EPCOT! It’s cheaper than most any other country souvenir, and it is small! I love small souvenirs so I avoid being a “pack-rat!”
I personally did this when I visited the parks alone, and it helped me enjoy my solo time so much more. I still have my passport, and I try to convince anyone I can to get one during their trip to EPCOT.
If you have any questions about the passport, let me know! And if you have had any fun experiences, we would love to hear about it!